Today's recipe is about the little seed that I talked about in my last post. I was so obsessed with this tiny grain until I finished the pack. There are too many recipes for quinoa to try yet. Quinoa has a nutty flavor when cooked ad that makes it suitable for any kind of recipe you want to try.
1. Quinoa - 1/2 cup
2. Red Lentils - 3/4 cup
3. Water - 5 -6 cups
4. Ghee - 1 tablespoon (Optional)
5. Oil - 1 tablespoon
6. Mustard - 1 teaspoon
7. Saunf - 1 teaspoon
8. Onions - 1 chopped finely
9. Ginger - 1 inch grated
10. Tomato - 1/2 chopped finely
11. Curry leaves - few
12. Cilantro - few
13. Carrot - 1 chopped
14. Peas - 1/2 cup
15. Salt - per taste
16. Turmeric - 1 teaspoon
17. chilli powder - 1 teaspoon / per taste
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and once it is hot, add mustard, saunf and curry leaves.
2. After it splutters, add onion and ginger, saute it for a minute and add tomatoes.
3. Let the tomatoes cook for sometime. Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and pressure cook it till 1 whistle.
5. Open the pressure cooker after all the pressure releases and check for the consistency. I preferred a little thick like kichadi. If you feel it is too thick you can add hot water and make it a little thinner.