A very easy to make yet very comforting dish. You can have it either over piping hot white rice with ghee or have it as a side dish for chappathi .
1. Cabbage - 1/2 head shredded
2. Onion - 1/2 finely chopped
3. Oil - 1 teaspoon
4. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
5. Curry leaves - few
6. Coocnut - 2 tablespoons
7. Jeera/cumin seeds - 1 tablespoon
8. Garlic - 3 cloves
9. Red chillies - 2
10. Moong dhal - 1/2 cup
1. Cook the moong dhal till soft in a pressure cooker and keep it aside.
2. In a wide kadai, heat oil, add mustard seeds. Wait till it splutters and add onions and curry leaves.
3. Let the onions turn translucent.
4. Meanwhile, make a fine paste of coconut, garlic, jeera and red chillies.
5.After the onions turn translucent, add the ground coconut mixture and cooked moong dhal.
6. Let it come to a boil, now add shredded cabbage and let the cabbages cook by covering the pan with a lid.
7. Once it comes to requirsd consistency, remove from heat.
Serve it over white rice with ghee.... Yumm :-)