Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mutta Paniyaram / Egg Paniyaram

I have to camouflage eggs in my little one's food. He wouldn't eat egg otherwise. While I was telling my MIL about this, she asked me to add beaten eggs to the dosa batter and make dosas out of it. I tried that and it worked. But then, I also wanted to make these little paniyarams out of it with more seasoning and flavour. Nowadays, this happens to be the easiest dinner idea whenever I am running out of vegetables in the refrigerator.


You can add equal number of eggs to the batter. But that didn't seem like a good option in my case since my little one has pretty good sense of smell and taste :-). So he finds out that I have added eggs to the paniyarams.Otherwise you can add 1 egg to 1 cup of batter and make these delicious and easy paniyarams.

Ingredients:
  1. Idli/Dosa batter -2cups
  2. Egg - 1
  3. Salt - as needed
  4. Oil - 2 teaspoons + for making paniyarams
  5. Onion - 1 finely chopped
  6. Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
  7. Green Chilli  - 1 finely chopped
  8. Cilantro - 1 fistful, finely
Method

  1. Mix beaten egg with the batter with required amount of salt.
  2. In a  pan, add oil and when it gets hot add mustard seeds.
  3. Now add onion, green chillies and saute till the onions becomes translucent.
  4. Remove from heat and add chopped cilantro leaves to it.
  5. Let it cool down a bit. Add the onions to the egg and batter mixture.
  6. Make paniyarams out of it and enjoy with your favorite side dish.








12 comments:

  1. wonderful idea, absolutely yummy paniyarams..

    Join me for the Just "4" Fun event :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also do often for my kid and also add it in the curry!yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....healthy....innovative idea....superb dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to ask one thing here, will these Paniyarams not be soggy from inside? Actually I have tried smething similar, but it turned out to be weirdly soggy from inside. I might have taken some wrong step though.

    Plz can u enlighten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nip ur, I have not faced this kind of issue with paniyarams so far. I guess it depends on the batter you use. Try using idli batter. There is no way it will get soggy and moreover the eggs will also make it more fluffier

      Delete
  5. wonderful idea and yummy paniyarams..looks great.....nice space u have........

    ReplyDelete
  6. eggs in paniyarams... very interesting... :) will try for sure... happy to follow your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for the lovely comments...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have cleverly used the eggs in this recipe. Never thought of it myself. It looks very healthy and tasty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!