Thursday, April 21, 2011

Creamy Pasta with Broccoli

I sometimes pack pasta for my little one's lunch. I don't like using the store bought pasta sauce every time in his pasta. I am also very particular about adding some vegetables to the sauce. So today is broccoli's turn to go into the sauce :-). I wanted to pair broccoli with something creamy. Since my little one loves anything sour, I decided to mix broccoli with sour cream and it turned out yummmmmm.


Ingredients :


1. Fusilli pasta - 1/2 cup
2. Butter - 2 teaspoons
3. Garlic - 1 grated
4. Broccoli florets - 1 cup
5. Sour cream - 2 tablespoons
6. Salt and pepper to season


Method:


1. Cook the pasta as per the instructions given in the box.
2. Cook the broccoli for few minutes and make a puree of it.
3. Heat a pan, add butter and garlic and saute it for a minute.
4. Then add the pureed broccoli to the pan and saute it for couple of minutes.
5. Add the cooked pasta and toss it around till the broccoli mixture coats all of the pasta.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of sour cream and mix it well.
7. Season it with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!