Monday, April 11, 2011

Savoury French Toast

It was the day of  Cricket World Cup Finals. The match was too good to miss even a single ball. But at the same time I wanted to prepare breakfast too. Weekends are when I make hot breakfast. During weekdays, breakfast will be usually cereals or some bagels. So did not want to compromise on the breakfast part over the weekend. So went into the kitchen to make something quick and healthy. I have seen a lot of recipes for this savoury french toast / bombay toast. So decided to give it a try.

I was watching the game and making these toasts. Now you know why I browned the toasts a little too much :-) But still, it tasted good.


Ingredients :


1. Bread - 4 slices (I used multigrain)
2. Eggs - 3
3. Salt - to taste
4. Turmeric - a pinch
5. Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon / per taste
6. Milk - 1 tablespoon
7. Chopped cilantro - 1 tablespoon
8. Oil - to toast the bread


Method:


1. Mix all the ingredients except for the bread slices and oil.
2. Cut each bread slice into 2 triangles.
3. Dip each triangle in the egg mixture and toast it in a hot tawa with a teaspoon of oil.
4. Flip it over once it is cooked and let it cook on the other side too.


Enjoy the toast with ketch up or some hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!