Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3, vitamin D , selenium and protein. I try to include it in my cooking as often as I could. One such dish that came out of my experiments with salmon is salmon bites. Kids will love it and so do you. It is a perfect appetizer. All the prep work can be done the previous night and refrigerated and you can keep the frying part alone just few minutes before the guests arrive.
1. Salmon fillet - 1/2 pound2. Potato - 1 medium (cooked and mashed)
3. Salt - as needed
4. Onion - 1 small chopped finely
5. Garlic - 2 cloves minced
6. Cilantro - few springs chopped
7. Egg - 1
8. Seasoned Breadcrumbs - 1 cup
1. Cook the salmon fillet and crumble it Mix it with the mashed potato and keep it aside.
2. In a pan, heat a teaspoon of oil and saute onions and garlic. If you decide to add spice. Add chopped green chillis to this saute.
3. Add it to the salmon potato mixture. add some cilantro, salt and mix well.
4. Make any shape you wish out of this mixture.
5. Dip each of them into a whisked egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs.
6. Deep fry them till golden brown.
Serve it with a tangy yogurt dip or tartar sauce.