This is a very quick dosa recipe that requires very little prep work. Tomato dosa does not need to be fermented. The dosa gets the tangy and sour taste from the tomatoes.
This recipe comes in handy whenever I do not have dosa batter in the fridge but still crave for dosas with coconut chutney. Coconut chutney is the best combination for this dosa.
1. Idli rice - 1 cup2. Tomatoes - 2 medium
3. Grated coconut - 2 tablespoons
4. Red Chilli - 1 /per taste
5. Salt - to taste
6. Oil - to make dosas
1. Soak the idli rice for 2-3 hours.2. First grind tomatoes, coconut and red chilli into a fine paste, then add the soaked rice and grind it fine by adding enough water.
3. The consistency of the batter should be like the regular dosa batter.
4. Add salt and make dosas.This dosa takes a little longer to cook than the normal dosa.
5. Flip the dosa to let it cook on the other side to get nice crispy dosas.
Serve it with coconut chtney or any chutney of your choice.